Disability - Permanent
Becoming permanently disabled is a great change in your life. While some adjustments to your lifestyle may be small, others may signify a complete transformation.
This web site will help you find out which medical services that apply to your particular situation are covered. This research should help you figure out a medical and rehabilitation plan that suits your needs as well as your budget. It may also be helpful to find out what benefits are available to you through your spouse's plan.
- Review the rules for the Time Loss benefit in the SPD and then apply for any benefits you may be due.
- Review the rules for the Disability Pension in the BenefitTabs, SPD. If you think you have met the qualifications for this benefit, contact the Trust Office to initiate the retirement process.
- If you or a dependent are totally disabled when coverage under this plan terminates, you or your dependent can apply for an Extension of Benefits. An Extension of Benefits provides continued coverage but only for treatment of the condition that caused the disability. To qualify, the disabled person must meet all of the conditions specified in the rules.
Alaska has a vocational rehabilitation agency to provide services to residents who become disabled. Please take a look at the external links on this page.
If your disability is determined to be due to illness or injury resulting from your job, you will be eligible for workers' compensation. A link to the Alaska state agency is on this page.
If you are under 65 you may be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI). SSI generally makes monthly payments to people who are aged, disabled or blind and who have limited income and resources. You need to contact your local Social Security office to pursue the application process.
Health & Security SPD
Individual Account SPD
- COBRA Application - 36 Month Qualifying Event
- COBRA Application -11 Month Disability Extension
- Time Loss Application - Employed Carpenters
- Time Loss Benefits Update - Employed Carpenters
- Time Loss Benefits For Mental Health Disability - Employed Carpenters