Advantages of a Nurtur program
Call to enroll and earn a $200 gift card
Living with a chronic health condition can pose serious challenges. A Condition Management program from Nurtur offers help and hope. Here's how:
- Guidance from trained specialists. When you enroll in a Condition Management program from Nurtur, you're teamed up with a Health Coach, a health care professional who specializes in your particular illness or condition. Depending on your condition and your needs, your Health Coach may be a registered nurse, diabetes educator, exercise physiologist, respiratory therapist, or dietician.
- Just what the doctor recommended. Condition Management programs from Nurtur are intended to support your doctor's plan for treating your condition. If you think of your doctor as head coach, your Nurtur coach is your personal trainer, someone who can help you get to the top of your game. Working with your Health Coach, you will...
The right call for busy people. Health Coaching is done over the phone, which gives you the benefit of individual and specialized assistance without the hassle and expense of driving to appointments. Calls are always scheduled when convenient for you-morning, afternoon or evening. Your first call is the longest (about 25 minutes) but it's time well spent. You'll get acquainted and complete a brief health assessment to help your coach understand your health risks and readiness for change. You'll also work together to create an action plan to achieve your health goals, and you'll be given access to educational materials and other resources to get you started. After that, your Health Coach will call to check in with you on a regular basis, usually once or twice a month. These calls last about 15 minutes and are scheduled for your convenience.
Help from someone you can trust. When you're dealing with a chronic health condition, the experience can be overwhelming. With a Health Coach on your team, you don't have to go through it alone. Nurtur's coaches are experienced clinicians who have made it their life's work to help people better manage their health. They are people you can trust, confide in, and rely on. Between calls, you are encouraged to contact your Health Coach when you need answers, advice or support.
The support you need, as long as you need it. Candidates for this program frequently ask, "How long does it last?" Unfortunately, there's no standard answer to the question, because every participant has different needs and circumstances. The objective is to provide a level of education and counseling that enables you to manage your condition and improve your health. How long it takes to reach that goal depends on your condition and the severity of your symptoms. A typical Condition Management program generally lasts six to 12 months, but the timeline can be accelerated or extended based on your needs.
Your privacy is assured. Nurtur complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other laws that safeguard the privacy of your personal health information (PHI). Conversations with your Health Coach are completely private. Details of your participation will not be shared with your union or your employer. As a business partner, Nurtur does share limited information with the Carpenters Trusts administrative staff, but only for the purpose of promoting enrollment in the program. Otherwise your information is held confidentially unless we have your permission to share it.
Pay nothing out of pocket. The Condition Management program is free to eligible participants and dependents of the Carpenters Health and Security Plan of Western Washington. It is part of your fringe benefits package.
- Enhance your understanding of your condition and how it affects you
- Learn to recognize and manage symptoms to minimize disruptions and acute episodes
- Learn what questions to ask your doctor so you get the most value from office visits
- Monitor medications to make sure they're working... and learn what you can do if they aren't
- Explore solutions to everyday issues that prevent you from managing your health
- Locate and utilize resources that support your health goals