INFORMED HEALTH® LINE: 1-800-556-1555
When you have health questions, call the Informed Health® Line from Aetna (1-800-556-1555). It's a 24-hour information line that can help you make smarter health decisions.
- Speak with a registered nurse
- Find out more about a medical test or procedure
- Get help preparing for a doctor visit
- Request links to videos that relate to your question or topic
- Get information on a wide range of health and wellness topics
Talk to a registered nurse anytime
Is there a health issue on your mind? Do you have a question about a symptom, illness or condition? Call 1-800-556-1555 to speak to a registered nurse about it. Call any time, day or night. It's toll free. Covered family members can use it too. Add the number to your cell phone contacts so it's there when you need it, whether you're at home or on the go.
Email a nurse on Aetna Navigator®
If you don't feel comfortable talking to a nurse, try email. Aetna Navigator® allows registered users to email to a registered nurse and receive a reply within 24 hours. The nurse's email will be delivered securely to protect your personal health information. However, since your computer may not be able to send secure e-mail, it's wise to be cautious about what you include in any e-mails you send.
Here are other guidelines to observe when emailing a nurse:
- Do not e-mail if you need urgent or emergency care. Call 911 and/or your doctor instead.
- Do not use e-mail if you need an answer right away. Instead, call 1-800-556-1555.
- Do not use e-mail to talk about complex symptoms or treatments. Instead, call 1-800-556-1555.
Related Wellness Content
See All the Plan Rules and Forms Related to Events in Your Life