Eligible individuals can receive a covered service from any licensed physician, hospital or provider without a referral. For lowest out-of-pocket cost, select providers from the Aetna Choice POS II network. You will pay more if you use a non-network provider, and you might also receive a bill for the difference between the provider's charge and what your plan pays (balance billing). Also, be aware that a network provider might contract non-network providers for some services (such as anesthesia and lab work). Check with your provider before you get services.
- Search online directory — On Aetna.com, use the online directory to find doctors by name, specialty and location. You'll also find maps, directions and more. For better results, create an account first. You'll need your Aetna ID number to register (printed on your Aetna/Carpenters ID card). Once you sign up, the directory is automatically tailored to your benefit plan and location. You can view cost estimates and even select or change your primary care doctor.
- 24-hour nurse line — The Aetna nurse line is available any time, day or night. Do you have a question about a symptom, illness or condition? Call 1-800-556-1555 to ask a registered nurse. Or, email a nurse by logging on to the Aetna website.
- Aetna Mobile — With Aetna's mobile app, members can pull up their ID cards, search for a medical professional, locate a hospital, find a walk-in clinic, and more.
- Text Apps to 23862 (data and messaging rates may apply)
- Download from Google Play or the App Store.
- How to choose the right provider
- How to find a primary care doctor
- Choosing where to go for care (Washington Health Alliance)
- What to do before a visit (Washington Health Alliance)