Free lab tests and flu shots at regional health fairs
Eligible participants and dependents can receive a no-cost lab test and flu shot at an upcoming health fair.
Scheduled on five Saturdays between September and November 2016, at western and eastern Washington locations, the health fairs are sponsored by the Carpenters Health and Security Plan of Western Washington, in coalition with the Health Care Cost Management Corporation of Alaska.
Onsite lab tests and flu shots will be available at no out-of-pocket cost. The Carpenters Health and Security Plan will pay 100% of the cost. Only participants and dependents with eligibility qualify to receive these services.
Due to high demand, pre-registration is required. To register, visit: www.coalitionhealthfair.org. Registration ends on the third Thursday prior to each fair.
No out-of-pocket cost to eligible participants and dependents
Onsite lab tests for adults age 18 and older include ALL of the panels listed below.
- Chemistry / Hematology Profile: This is a comprehensive blood test that screens kidney function, liver enzymes, electrolyte (salt) imbalance, diabetes, tissue disease or damage, coronary heart disease, and more. In order to obtain valid results, it is recommended that you fast for 12 hours before testing. Fasting means no food or drink except water. (Diabetics should NOT fast. In all cases, prescription medication should be taken.)
- Thyroid Screen: You may want to do this test if: you have a family history of thyroid problems; you are a female over age 45; you are experiencing unexplained weight gain/loss, depression or memory loss; or you have a swollen thyroid.
- Prostate Cancer Screen: Men, especially those of African descent, and men with a family history of prostate cancer, should start screening at age 40.
- Vitamin D Test: This test is for those who are on a Vitamin D regimen or who are considering Vitamin D supplements.
There is no out-of-pocket cost for the onsite lab test. The Carpenters Health and Security Plan pays 100% of the cost. Test results will be sent directly to the individual receiving the test.
In addition, no-cost flu shots will be offered to eligible participants and dependents age 9 and over.
Health fair locations in western and eastern Washington
Remember, registration ends on the third Thursday prior to each fair. Visit www.coalitionhealthfair.org to register.
- Spokane: Sept. 17, 2016, 8 a.m. – 12 noon
Red Lion at the Park
303 West North River Drive, Spokane, WA 99201
- Pasco: Sept. 24, 2016, 8 a.m. – 12 noon
2525 N. 20th Ave., Pasco, WA 99301
- Kent: Oct. 1, 2016, 8 a.m. – 12 noon
IBEW Local 46 Union Hall (Carpenters and dependents welcome)
19802 62nd Ave. S., Kent, WA 98032
- Bothell: Oct. 29, 2016, 8 a.m. – 12 noon
IUOE Local 302 Union Hall (Carpenters and dependents welcome)
18701 120th Ave. NE., Bothell, WA 98011
- Tacoma: Nov. 5, 2016, 8 a.m. – 12 noon
1425 E 27th St., Tacoma, WA 98421