Carpenters Health and Security Plan
80% Network and Non-Network The Acupuncture Benefit Is Not Available Under Retiree Coverage For Those Who Are Eligible For Medicare
Benefits are provided for acupuncture when provided by a licensed acupuncturist with a 24 combined visit calendar year maximum for acupuncture, massage therapy, and chiropractic care. These services always require 20 percent coinsurance and these coinsurance expenses do not apply toward the $2,300 annual coinsurance maximum or $4,000 out-of-pocket maximum. Services and supplies:
- New or established patient examination per condition.
- Acupuncture only.
Benefits are not provided for:
- More than one visit per day.
- Manual or massage therapy.
- Heat therapy, cupping, therapeutic exercise, or neuromuscular reeducation.
- Any other service or supply such as an unlisted therapeutic procedure, kinetic activities, electromagnetic, or infrared therapy.
Last Updated: 01/29/2020