Summary Plan Description
You may designate anyone as your beneficiary except an employer. Your named beneficiary receives the proceeds of the life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment benefits at death. In the event that your beneficiary does not survive you, or if you fail to name a beneficiary, proceeds are paid to the first survivor in the following order:
- Spouse or domestic partner.
- Children, in equal shares.
- Parents, in equal shares.
- Brothers and sisters, in equal shares.
- Executors or administrators.
If you designate a person who is or subsequently became your spouse, the beneficiary designation is automatically revoked if the marriage is subsequently dissolved or invalidated, unless you redesignate the former spouse following the dissolution or invalidation of the marriage. A new Enrollment Application must be completed when there is a marriage, divorce or a change in beneficiary designation State community property laws are preempted with respect to the plan.
Related Health & Security Content
- 2017 Summary of Material Modifications (1/31/2017)
- 2017 Summary of Material Modifications (1/1/2017)
- 2016 Summary of Material Modifications
- 2014 Summary of Material Modifications
2017 Summary of Benefits and Coverage
Delta Dental of Washington
VSP Vision Care
Quit For Life
See All the Plan Rules and Forms Related to Events in Your Life