Carpenters Health and Security Plan
90% Network and 80% Non-Network
Benefits are provided for the following items prescribed by a physician if the patient has an immediate medical need: sterile surgical dressings; casts; splints; surgical and orthopedic appliances; compression support stockings (e.g., Jobst) up to four pairs per calendar year; catheters; syringes; and formulas for the treatment of phenylketonuria. The plan may elect to provide benefits for a less costly alternative item.
Benefits are not provided for:
- Supplies purchased or dispensed when a plan benefit is not in effect or when the patient is not covered under this plan.
- Items purchased or used more frequently than considered reasonable by the plan.
- Incontinence supplies, ear plugs, enemas, alcohol swabs, cotton balls, or like supplies.
- Freight, postage or delivery charges.
- Compression support stockings (e.g., Jobst) in excess of four pairs per calendar year.
Last Updated: 06/13/2019