Summary Plan Description
Suspension of Eligibility For Noncovered Employment
If you are under age 65 and retired under the Carpenters Retirement Plan of Western Washington or the Washington, Idaho, Montana Carpenters-Employers Retirement Plan, your dollar bank eligibility will be suspended on the first of the month following employment in noncovered employment. Noncovered employment means work of one hour or more during any calendar month:
- In the building and construction industry; and
- Within the State of Washington or in any contiguous state or in any state covered by a reciprocity agreement between the Trust and another welfare benefit plan; and
- Which is of the type performed by employees or associate employees covered by the plan, or which requires directly or indirectly the use of the same skills employed by employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement or associate agreement requiring contributions to the Trust; and
- For which no contributions are required to be made to the Trust.
It is your obligation to notify Carpenters Trusts upon commencement of noncovered employment.
To prevent a gap in coverage, you and your dependents are entitled to elect COBRA commencing the first of the month for which eligibility is suspended.
If you cease noncovered employment within six months of the date benefits were suspended, and you provide written notice to Carpenters Trusts within that six-month period, your eligibility will be reinstated on the first of the month following the month in which noncovered employment ceases. Notification to Carpenters Trusts of the cessation of noncovered employment is required as a condition of reinstatement. If you do not notify Carpenters Trusts of a cessation of noncovered employment within that six-month period, your dollar bank will be forfeited.
Related Health & Security Content
- 2017 Summary of Material Modifications (1/31/2017)
- 2017 Summary of Material Modifications (1/1/2017)
- 2016 Summary of Material Modifications
- 2014 Summary of Material Modifications
2017 Summary of Benefits and Coverage
Delta Dental of Washington
VSP Vision Care
Quit For Life
See All the Plan Rules and Forms Related to Events in Your Life