Summary Plan Description
Right To Receive and Release Necessary Information
All medical and claims information is confidential. However, to correctly process claims, it may be necessary for the plan to share information with or obtain information from others who are authorized to share such information. As a condition of receiving benefits under this plan, the individual agrees to the following:
- The patient authorizes any physician, hospital, or other provider of services or party having knowledge to disclose to the plan any medical information it requests.
- The patient authorizes the plan to examine any medical records of the patient's at the offices of any physician, hospital or other provider of services for the purpose of verifying services or supplies.
- The patient authorizes the plan, in the exercise of its right to reimbursement described here, and individuals acting on behalf of the plan to release any information about the patient's illness or injury and the benefits and medical services received by the patient to any individual who may be liable to the patient or to the plan, and to such patient's insurer.
- The patient waives any claim of privilege or confidentiality that might be asserted in any action by or against the plan or the party furnishing such information.
Related Health & Security Content
- 2017 Summary of Material Modifications (1/31/2017)
- 2017 Summary of Material Modifications (1/1/2017)
- 2016 Summary of Material Modifications
- 2014 Summary of Material Modifications
2017 Summary of Benefits and Coverage
Delta Dental of Washington
VSP Vision Care
Quit For Life
See All the Plan Rules and Forms Related to Events in Your Life